Each gym offers a unique and special experience, but at all three you'll find
rad Climbing, unmatched Community, and service with a Cause.
2074 Hancock Street
San Diego, CA 92110
Monday – Friday | 9:00AM – 11:00PM
Saturday & Sunday | 9:00AM. – 9:00PM
13026 Stowe Drive
Poway, CA 92064
Monday – Friday | 9:00AM – 10:00PM
Saturday & Sunday | 9:00AM – 9:00PM
992 Rancheros Drive
San Marcos, CA 92069
Monday – Friday | 12:00PM – 9:00PM Saturday & Sunday | 9:00AM - 9:00PM
Plan Your Visit
Vertical Hold offers the best climbing experience for all ages and climbing levels.
With three locations to call home, each gym is complete with
Top Roping, Lead Climbing, Bouldering, Auto Belays, Yoga, Fitness and Slacklining and more.
First Time and Less Experienced Climbers
New to rock climbing? No problem! We have everything you need to get on the wall! Our friendly and knowledgeable staff will provide you with the certifications and gear you need to climb in the gym.
Know before you go
- CLIMBERS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE MUST HAVE A PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN SIGNED WAIVER!
- Belay lessons are offered throughout business hours! Both walk-ins and reservations are welcome. To make a reservation call your nearest gym location. Groups of five or more are encouraged to make reservations. Avoid the wait, schedule a date!
- Belay Lessons take around 30-45 minutes. Be sure to carve out some time for all of the fun!
- The Beginner Lesson and Belay Lesson for top roping require a partner. Bring a friend!
- Climbers must be 13 years of age to belay and to use auto belay without supervision.
TOP ROPE Using AUTO BELAY
No partner? No problem! Vertical Hold is the only San Diego gym that offers Auto Belays. Get that climb in with no partner necessary!
Start climbing on our indoor boulder (the best in San Diego!) using boulder pads instead of harness and ropes.
Vertical Hold is a great destination for family adventures!
We offer climbs and gear for the whole family! Vertical Hold staff provides belay lessons for parents and any climbers 13 and older to belay the kids of the group. Walk-ins are welcome for kids climbing! No reservations necessary, but large groups should call ahead for some helpful hints (skip the wait, schedule the date!). Birthday Parties go here!
Know Before You Go
- EVERY CLIMBER UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE MUST HAVE A MINOR WAIVER SIGNED BY THEIR LEGAL GUARDIAN TO CLIMB. Chaperones may not sign for minors without LEGAL CUSTODY of child. Click Here to Complete Waiver
- Vertical Hold has a Youth Climbing Team! First visit is FREE!
Already know your stuff? High five! For both Top Roping and Lead Climbing certification every climber must demonstrate their knowledge to be certified at Vertical Hold. We check your proficiency in tying a Figure 8 Follow-Through Knot, Belaying with an ATC, and all that other standard climbing jazz. Don’t stress, the test out is free and offered any time with no judgement if it has been a while since you’ve roped up.
Know Before You Go
- Lead Climbing and Lead Belay demonstrations are offered throughout gym hours, but subject to staff availability.