Beginner Rock Climbing Lessons
Haven’t climbed before? Or has it been a little while since you got on the wall? This lesson is perfect for new and less experienced climbers. Our friendly experts will equip you with everything you need to know to get you climbing in the gym. Climbing is inherently dangerous. Our mission is to help you become proficient and confident climbers to optimize your experience. This lesson guarantees fun, inspiration, adventure, and life long skills!
$30 Includes Day Pass, Belay Lesson, and Rental Gear Package (Harness, Shoes, Chalkbag)
- Figure 8 and Follow Thru knots for Top Rope Climbing
- Setting up and belaying with an ATC device for Top Rope Climbing
- Climbing commands used for Top Rope Climbing
- Proper practices for Top Roping on a Auto-Belay
- Proper climbing practices of Boulder Climbing
- Climbing grade system for Top Rope and Boulder Climbing
This lesson package requires a partner to climb with for the day! Bring a friend :)
Climbers must be at least 13 years old to belay
All participants and parents facilitating climbing must be certified by Vertical Hold staff to belay in the gym. Climbers proficient in industry standards may demonstrate abilities for certification and skip the lesson!